Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thoughts

Well....stuff is on my mind all the time but I don't seem to make time to get it here on the blog.  I think that's because I envision myself as having this really great blog that everyone loves to read...so I don't want to post something that doesn't live up to that standard, in my mind.  Hence, I already have 2 blog posts that have been started but never even finished.  So, I have to lower the expectation I am putting on myself.  Short blog bursts, things I am thinking about, questions in my head...nothing long.  Something I can do in 10 minutes.

Our church has been meeting the last 8 Wednesday nights doing a series on the Body...the Body of Christ that is.  Last night I was challenged on taking my thoughts captive.  Something I have done a lot better with over the years.  I found myself thinking about how much I have improved in this area...how much more awareness I have in this regard.   Then.....the next morning......I got behind a slow driver.  I heard myself thinking, "Give me a break!"  This reminded me that even though we improve in an area, even greatly improve, we still fall short of God's perfect design - elimintaing any opportunity for boasting.  Thank you Jesus for reminding me Who is the Source of all growth and Who is the Carrier of all my short-comings.  I don't deserve you.

No comments:

Post a Comment